Our Care Certificate E-learning has been written by leading experts from the field of health and social care. It has been designed to allow learners to work at their own pace, online, at a time and in a place to suit them and achieve the knowledge element of the care certificate.
Our Awarding Body, Highfield ABC, and therefore our e-learning Care Certificate course are endorsed by Skillsforcare, until February 2021.
Who is this course for?
Our Highfield Care Certificate E-learning has been designed for anyone starting work in the health or social care sector.
The course content has been written by leading experts in the field of health and social care and learners will cover the following 15 standards:
- Standard 1 – Understand your role,
- Standard 2 – Your personal development,
- Standard 3 – Duty of care,
- Standard 4 – Equality and diversity,
- Standard 5 – Work in a person-centred way,
- Standard 6 – Communication,
- Standard 7 – Privacy and dignity,
- Standard 8 – Fluids and nutrition,
- Standard 9 – Awareness of mental health, dementia and learning disabilities,
- Standard 10 – Safeguarding adults,
- Standard 11 – Safeguarding children,
- Standard 12 – Basic life support,
- Standard 13 – Health and safety,
- Standard 14 – Handling information,
- Standard 15 – Infection prevention and control.
Please note that if you would like to obtain competency sign off for the Care Certificate, you will need to arrange this through your employer. You can only achieve the knowledge element of the course online.
Typical Course Duration
30 – 60 minutes per standard
Course Assessment and Certification
The Highfield Care Certificate E-learning is assessed by multiple-choice questions.
This e-learning course will provide you with a Highfield Certificate of completion, which is downloadable upon successfully finishing the course.